EcoSchools » Programs
The Ontario EcoSchools program is designed to help school boards and schools do their part in responding to the need to live more sustainably. Its purpose is to:
- Provide teachers with climate change resource units
- Promote taking individual action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Align what is taught in classrooms with school operations
- Save money and reduce our impact on the environment
- Provide related opportunities for learning and action outside the classroom
In 2006, Durham Sustain Ability successfully engaged Rosebank Public School and Dunbarton High School in the Ontario EcoSchools program. Contact Us to get your school involved.
For more information, please visit www.ontarioecoschools.org.